Thursday, April 16, 2009

"RASOI" - Fine Indian Cuisine & Banquet


LAL Q RATING SCORE: 6/10

Location:
620 Georges Road, Monmouth Junction, South Brunswick, NJ 08852
732-329-6540/ 732-329-0227(fax)
www.rasoibanquet.com

1567 Oak Tree Rd, Iselin, NJ 08830
(732) 549-8817
www.rasoiindianrestaurant.com

Rasoi is a calm indian restaurant, tucked away in the center of Edison, New Jersey. They have two locations, one in Iselin and one in Monmouth Junction. I have only been to the one in Iselin.

RASOI: ISELIN, NJThis is relatively inexpensive and one of the few buffets which has a nice variety. The quality of the food was also unexpected. The restaurant sits on one floor and gave me a sense of space. I did not feel at all cramped. What I liked about it as soon as I entered was the large lobby which was offset from the restaurant. In the winters especially, I like lobbies that don't blow a gust of freeze right at me when I am having a nice warm dinner; and just with that factor, Rasoi was a classy restaurant for me from the moment I entered.

As soon as you get through the lobby, the bar is there right in front, with the friendly bartender. To the right and left of the lobby are the restaurant tables.

The service could have been better, but the food was memorably good.
I especially remember the Chilli Bhajiyas lightly sprinkled with Chat Masala and stuffed with Potato. They had just the right amount of spiciness to tingle my palate.

My over-all rating for Rasoi: 6(On my scale between 1-10 with 1 being the worst restaurant imaginable and 10 being the most tantilizing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment