Sunday, June 7, 2009

WON JO

WON JO RESTAURANT
Korean-Japanese Style
23 West 32nd Street, NY, NY 10001
Phone: 212-695-5815
Website: www.newwonjo.com
(You may want to just call for reservations.... the website never works)

LAL Q RATING: 7/10

This was my favorite Korean BBQ until I went here today! We were shuffled to the back of the restaurant and led to the rearmost area of the restaurant where it was dark and foreboding.

In the past I have only sat by the window, so I could look down on to the street, but there are only 2 tables by the window, and we didn't get a chance to sit there. Seating sometimes makes all the difference. My girlfriend was not as enthusiastic as I was about all the different specimens of Korean food around the grill in the center of the table.

The ambiance was just so different this time.... Not sure if I like this restaurant any more.

If you do decide to go here, make sure you get an upstairs window seat so you can look outside and people watch.  You know, as well as I do that having a meal in NYC is no fun unless you get a good spot in a restaurant where you can people watch.
Their window seats are excellent.  They are open, bright and fun.

If I do decide to go here again, I will insist on a window seat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment